Sunday 16 May 2010

A whole new world....

I've had this blog page sitting for months and months. It's a nice little page but I've always thought there was something missing. I pondered on what that was and then it came to me in a flash, some actual content!

Before I go any further I should really explain what I'm blogging about. Basically this is my blog covering my experiences of playing football manager live. I have two accounts. One is a beta account in the gameworld Miller where I also moderate. The other is the live account in lemerre. Both use the team Durham City Harriers. I'd like to point out that I have a serious love/hate relationship with this game. It frustrates me to hell, the match engine needs SERIOUS work and I spend a lot of time shouting and swearing at my laptop(and typing obscenities into the match chat if I'm playing the artificial intelligence and not an actual real manager!). I also believe that FML has a mind of its own and does things on purpose just to ANNOY me. Crazy? Yes! But there's some truth in that too I swear it! However I'm also addicted to the game and this leads to a nasty combination!

Anyway moving on....I've just recently moved from Ramos to Lemerre as there's a lot of ex-Shearer people there from the mod team I used to be in before the servers were reset. I started off by picking my initial squad from my pool of 50 superheros and I do believe I may have won the pool lottery! The reason?



Daniel Villalba! A 17 year old striker who's given me 8 goals in 11 games and an average rating of 7.44 already. I think he's going to be a huge help during the first three seasons of qualifying. The big question is when do I sell him? If I do well then my reputation is going to go up and its going to get more and more expensive to hold onto him(I'm assuming he may turn into a very good player of course!). I think I'll just have to enjoy him while Ican and make the decision a bit later down the line.

It sort of highlights the perils of the 50 pool system to me in that whilst I am quite a fan I could just of easily of had a 33 year old 50k aq striker in my squad then a 17 year old that I'm going to get a good few seasons out of and probably sell for very good money. But 'thems the breaks' I suppose and I'd still rather take the pool system then the free for all we used to have as soon as a gameworld opens. Luckily the players were there to fit the formation i wanted to play so I didn't have that other annoyance of having to fit a formation to my pool instead of being able to use the formation of my choice.

Interestingly the finance system for Lemerre is different from Ramos in that the prize money increase is spread out over 6 and not 4 seasons.


Season Attainable Reps. Prize Money
1 Levels 1-6 £550k- £2.2m
2 Levels 1-10 £700k - £2.8m
3 Levels 1-14 £850k - £3.4m
4 Levels 1-18 £1m - £4m

For all gameworlds launched after May 1st 2010.

Season Attainable Reps. Prize Money
1 Levels 1-6 £500k - £1m
2 Levels 1-10 £600k - £1.6m
3 Levels 1-14 £700k - £2.2m
4 Levels 1-18 £800k - £2.8m
5 Levels 1-18 £900k - £3.4m
6 Levels 1-18 £1m - £4m

I think this is a good thing personally. During season 2 in Ramos I ended up improving my stadium and buying 3 300k+ aq fee unlocked players on 15k+ wages and I was STILL in the green projected wise. It highlighted the fact that there was far too much money in the system and it'll be interesting to see if wages go crazy in Lemerre as much as they did in Ramos over the coming seasons.

So back to season 1 in Lemerre, I'm off to a decent start currently sitting 3rd in my group after playing 7 games but instead of making me happy it makes me worried. As Jak mentioned over on his blog form is a strange beast in FML. Looking at his analysis of form I would say I'm currently moving from phase 1 to phase 2 and I'm got my fingers crossed that my plunge into bad form comes into a competition that isn't the league!

Anyway I think I've rambled on enough so far for my first post. look out for T-Bag style rage posts in the future when the bad form hits(oh the joy!)





No comments:

Post a Comment