Sunday 30 May 2010

An update, finally...

Can't believe its well over a week since the last post! Anyway over in Lemerre things are tight, very tight. There's not really one team that's really pulling away from the pack in my qualifying league although there are a couple that have the potential to do so if they can win their games in hand. I'm currently down in 5th, which is where I'm predicted to stay. If I can finish there I'll be more than happy with that given the way things have gone this season! I've crashed out of all cup competitions relatively early on so I need a decent league finish to get some sort of income for next season. This is an area where I really noticed a difference compared to Ramos, they've really toned the finances down and I really have noticed a difference. There's a lot more unlocked free agents going for sensible wages as I believe people just can't afford to splash the budget on anyone and are having to pick and choose there targets very carefully. I'll keep an eye on this and give it a comparison to season 2. As i already mentioned in my first posts by the end of season 2 in Ramos I'd bought 3 300k+ players AND improved my stadium, that just won't be happening here!

I opened with a wide 41212 diamond and I have to say I just don't like the two striker combination. It almost feels like I'm carrying the second striker even though this isn't true at all. My best striker Villalva is playing well in senior for a 17 year old. He's averaging 7.21 and has scored 18 goals in 34 major matches so far. The green shoots are also showing on him and his potential is showing as 5 star. As I mentioned in an earlier post I struck well in the pool lottery with him. My support striker is also playing well averaging just under 7 at 6.95 but he's only bagged 9 in 34 major matches adding 6 assists and I feel this is the area I want to change for next season.

I don't really want to tinker with my formation mid season so I'll tough it out and probably switch to a 451 derivative in the pre-season. Everyone else seems to be playing 433 or a variation of it and while I know this brings the most success I'm determined to keep using wingers even if it does lead to some ranting and raving. The problem is when I play 451 I like attacking left and right players but my current left sided player is really a wing back pushed on to ML. He's also my third best player average wise but I believe this is more to do with him taking corners and getting 15 assists as a result more than anything else. Jonas is still my best player by far with an average of 7.80 and 12 goals in 25 games. At this low level his blistering pace more than makes up for his poor technical skills although there are plenty of green shoots showing so at 26 there's hopefully still room in his PA for some improvement.

Finally over in Miller my beta team are top of my current division and doing really well. With a reputation level of 6 and a ability level of 14 there pulling off some very good results. I think it shows how easy it can feel for a new team coming into an established gameworld. I'm sticking to playing teams at my level and winning almost constantly. The problems seem to come when you get more established. Wins suddenly get harder to come by at your own level, throw in losses to the poorer teams below you that FML likes to randomly throw in and the game is suddenly transformed into some sort of frustrating hell hole! I'll enjoy it for now eh, its not going to last more than a few seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment