Sunday 6 June 2010

Squeaky bum time

In miller its so tight at the top its unreal. There's 5 goals keeping me in first place with 4 games to go. The team in second has an easier run in with games against 17th and 18th who've won two games between them followed by 12th and 10th. I've only lost twice all season so my philosophy will be to ignore him and try and win my games. In reality I'm probably going to need him to slip up somewhere though as his games against the bottom two will probably get rid of the goal difference. Squeaky bum time indeed to quote Sir Alex!

Why am I so bothered you ask? After all there's only 30k difference in prize money between first and second but I've NEVER won a proper league in FML and I've played the game since beta so the silverware would be more important to me than the money. Plus to use another quote, this time from Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last. You know, you know what I'm talking about?".

As a side note over in Lemerre looks like a top 5 finish with me currently sitting 3rd with two matches to go. Anything that keeps me on track for top tier footie I'm happy with. For some reason I can't let my finances go in the green though and I currently have a bid in for a new defender from the free agents list. In relation to this I can definitely see a difference in finances between Lemerre and Ramos. There's far more players getting unlocked that aren't getting snapped up straight away and that goes for players that are under 29 too. Also the wages are far more reasonable. To me this gets a big thumbs up and although its early to say so, the decision to spread prize money rises over 6 instead of 4 seasons looks to be paying off.

However its not all straightforward. There's a lot of decent players coming through youth academies and because there on 200 quid a day people are flogging them for LOTS of money. I think it goes to show that no matter what steps SI take to make the playing field as level as possible there will always be a way to get ahead of the game, even if it is only temporary until the wages on your team catch up with you. We can only wait and see how Lemerre pans out but at the minute I think my team will be hanging onto the coattails of top tier footie once everything settles down after the first three seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment